Shabby Background

Saturday, March 6, 2010

New item

 It is s Stitching Tote.. I am very pleased with the way it has turned out.. This is the front of the tote. It has a stitched panel and a frill. Plus some machine fancy stitching as well.... You could substitute braid instead of the machine fancy stitches.. Don't you love the way I have closed the bag with the little baby cotton reels on the twisted cord.

This is the back of the bag... I have made a foundation pieced heart block and even had a go at adding a little piping.....


This is the inside of the bag.......

Here are the threads. I have also made a thimble bag. You will also see that there is a pocket to hold your notebook and one to hold your pen. Plus there is a pocket for other things to hide in.

Now on this side we have a needle book, a scissor keep and a detachable pin cushion. Plus a large pocket to hold your stitchery and pattern.

I have used my matching bias to bind the tote and a heavy duty fast to fuse double sided interfacing to give the tote strength.... It is lovely and strong and easy to use and sew through.

There will be a kit available for the wooden pieces to go with this pattern .....
We are waiting on stock of the wooden reels to arrive and will work out a price for the kits when they do.

I also have the interfacing, Fabrics and bias in stock.... Plus a limited supply of the threads I used for the stitchery. I am ordering more.

 Pattern on it's own as a hard copy will be $10, plus postage..... $5.50 for an e pattern. 

Pattern is half finished at the moment. Hopefully I will have it ready to go by the end of the week.



5 comments:

Micki said...

What an ingenious bag, and it is so pretty too!
Micki

Cyndi said...

That is such a great bag! I love the little stitched panel on the front. Very, very nice indeed.

XOXO,

Cyndi

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Sweetie! What a gorgeous bag this is, and you really thought of everything!!! What a beautiful way to stay organized! ;) Paulette

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Cath, this bag is just beautiful, inside and out! Thanks so much for you nice comment on my spring table runner. The pattern is for sale if you are interested! Your patterns are just darling too :)

MGM

Chris H said...

Hi there and thanks for visiting my blog!
I have had a quick look at your gorgeous patterns ... your dolls are sooooo cute!
do you sell your patterns in shops here in New Zealand anywhere?